BETTY RETAIL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. These terms
What these terms cover. These are the terms and conditions on which we supply products to you.
Why you should read them. Please read these terms carefully before you submit your order to us. These terms tell you who we are, how we will provide products to you, how you and we may change or end the contract, what to do if there is a problem and other important information. If you think that there is a mistake in these terms, please contact us to discuss.
2. Information about us and how to contact us
Who we are. We are IARTUK Limited, a company registered in England and Wales. Our company registration number is 1101830 and our registered office is at Unit 8, Trackside Business Park, Abbot Close, Byfleet, KT14 7JN. Our registered VAT number is 310428840.
How to contact us. You can contact us by email at email@example.com or by writing to us at, Unit 8, Trackside Business Park, Abbot Close, Byfleet, KT14 7JN.
How we may contact you. If we have to contact you we will do so by telephone or by writing to you at the email address or postal address you provided to us in your order.
3. Our goods and subscription services
When you subscribe to our services we will automatically sign you up to receive a regular monthly delivery of products. We refer to this generally within these terms and conditions as a “subscription”.
There are several different types of subscriptions available to you. Depending on which of the below subscription services you select at the time of placing your order, the term for which products will be delivered to you, and the payment terms on which such orders are placed, will vary.
You may place an order through our website on the basis of any of the following subscription terms:
Our “standard” monthly rolling subscription to receive a delivery of products one time per month from the date of subscription until that subscription is cancelled in accordance with the terms set out in clause 8. We shall take payment for the first month of the subscription on the date that your order is placed, and shall take payment for each subsequent month via repeat payment through your chosen payment method seven (7) days prior to your products being dispatched, for the duration of the subscription. We shall take payment, and provide products to you, on a monthly basis until the subscription is cancelled;
Our “quarterly” subscription to receive a delivery of products from us one time per month for a period of three consecutive months from the date of subscription. We shall take payment for the entire three month subscription at the time of placing your order. The payment price for such a quarterly subscription is likely to be less than if you were to purchase three months’ worth of products through a “standard” monthly subscription. You may not cancel your quarterly subscription following receipt of payment (unless you are otherwise able to do so in accordance with your statutory rights). This subscription will not affect your statutory rights, however. Unless otherwise renewed, the quarterly subscription will automatically convert into a “standard” monthly rolling subscription at the end of the three month period;
Our “half-year” subscription to receive delivery of products from us one time per month for a period of six consecutive months from the date of subscription. We shall take payment for the entire six month subscription at the time of placing your order. The payment price for such a half-year subscription is likely to be less than if you were to purchase six months’ worth of products through a “standard” monthly subscription. You may not cancel your half-year subscription following receipt of payment (unless you are otherwise able to do so in accordance with your statutory rights). Unless otherwise renewed, the quarterly subscription will automatically convert into a “standard” monthly rolling subscription at the end of the six month period;
4. Our contract with you
How we will accept your order. Our acceptance of your order will take place when we email you to accept it, at which point a contract will come into existence between you and us.
If we cannot accept your order. If we are unable to accept your order, we will inform you of this in writing. This might be because the product is out of stock, because of unexpected limits on our resources which we could not reasonably plan for, because we have identified an error in the price or description of the product or because we are unable to meet a delivery deadline you have specified. We will contact you and offer a refund.
5. Our products
Products may vary slightly from their pictures. The images of the products on our website are for illustrative purposes only. Although we have made every effort to display the colours accurately, we cannot guarantee that a device’s display of the colours accurately reflects the colour of the products. Your product may vary slightly from those images.
Information about what our products:
Perishable food items:
We advise you to check product packaging for nutritional information and allergen warnings before consumption. This is especially important if you have an allergy or intolerance.
We advise you to test a small area of skin prior to using the product if you have a known skin allergy or are sensitive to fragrances. If a rash or allergy develops discontinue use immediately. Do not use the products for anything other than the purpose for which they were created. Do not ingest the products intended for external use (i.e. creams, lotions, perfumes, cosmetics) and avoid contact with eyes.
We will not be held liable for misuse, allergic reactions or any injury suffered from the known or unknown and consenting use of the products.
Product packaging may vary. The packaging of the product may vary from that shown on our website.
6. Your rights to make changes
If you wish to make a change to the selected product within your subscription please log-in to your account to do so. The change will take at least seven days to take effect and will not apply to products to be dispatched by us within seven days of the date of the change.
If you wish to change the delivery date of your subscription please log-in to your account to do so. You may select any day between the 1st and the 28th of the month. The change will take at least seven days to take effect and will not apply to products to be dispatched by us within seven days of the date of the change.
7. Our rights to make changes
Minor changes to the products. We may change and/or substitute (at our sole discretion) the products to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements.
More significant changes to the products and these terms. In addition, as we informed you in the description of the products on our website, we may make changes to these terms or the products at out sole discretion, but if we do so we will attempt to notify you prior to such changes taking effect and, if you have the right to do so, you may then contact us to end the contract before the changes take effect and (if applicable) receive a refund for any products paid for but not received.
will not be payable in respect of the subscription services – delivery is included within the subscription price. Further information regarding subscription services can be seen at clause 3.
will be payable in respect of any non-subscription orders – any applicable delivery costs will be displayed clearly at checkout prior to you completing your order.
When we will provide the products.
If the products are goods. If the products are goods we will endeavour to deliver them to you within the timeframe notified to you by us at the time of you placing your order, and in any event within 30 days after the day on which we accept your order.
If the products are a subscription to receive goods. We will supply the goods to you on the date chosen by you at the time of placing your order, or as soon as reasonably possible to that date, until the subscription expires (if applicable) or you end the contract as described in clause 8 or we end the contract by written notice to you as described in clause 10. In any event we will deliver the products to you within 30 days after the day on which we accept your order (unless you have otherwise specified a delivery date after this 30 day period).
We are not responsible for delays outside our control. If our supply of the products is delayed by an event outside our control then we will contact you as soon as possible to let you know and we will take steps to minimise the effect of the delay. Provided we do this we will not be liable for delays caused by the event, but if there is a risk of substantial delay you may contact us to end the contract and receive a refund for any products you have paid for but not received.
If you are not at home when the product is delivered. If no one is available at your address to take delivery and the products cannot be posted through your letterbox, the delivery company will leave you a note informing you of how to rearrange delivery or collect the products from a local depot.
If you do not re-arrange delivery. If you do not collect the products from Royal Mail as arranged or if, after a failed delivery to you, you do not re-arrange delivery or collect them from a delivery depot we will contact you for further instructions and may charge you for storage costs and any further delivery costs.
Your legal rights if we deliver goods late. You have legal rights if we deliver any goods late. If we miss the delivery deadline for any goods then you may treat the contract as at an end straight away if any of the following apply:
– we have refused to deliver the goods;
– delivery within the delivery deadline was essential (taking into account all the relevant circumstances); or
– you told us before we accepted your order that delivery within the delivery deadline was essential.
Setting a new deadline for delivery. If you do not wish to treat the contract as at an end straight away, or do not have the right to do so under clause 7.8, you can give us a new deadline for delivery, which must be reasonable, and you can treat the contract as at an end if we do not meet the new deadline.
Ending the contract for late delivery. If you do choose to treat the contract as ended for late delivery under clause 7.8 or clause 7.9, you can cancel your order for any of the goods or reject goods that have been delivered. After that we will refund any sums you have paid to us for the cancelled goods and their delivery. If the goods have been delivered to you, you must post them back to us. We will pay the costs of postage or collection. Please email customer services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When you become responsible for the goods. A product which is goods will be your responsibility from the time we deliver the product to the address you gave us.
When you own goods. You own a product which is goods once we have received payment in full.
What will happen if you do not give required information to us. We may need certain information from you so that we can supply the products to you, for example, when you subscribe to your subscription box. If so, this will have been stated in the description of the products on our website. If you do not give us this information within a reasonable time of us asking for it, or if you give us incomplete or incorrect information, we may either end the contract (and clause 10.2 will apply) or make an additional charge of a reasonable sum to compensate us for any extra work that is required as a result. We will not be responsible for supplying the products late or not supplying any part of them if this is caused by you not giving us the information we need within a reasonable time of us asking for it.
Reasons we may suspend the supply of products to you. We may have to suspend the supply of a product to:
– deal with technical problems or make minor technical changes;
– update the product to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements;
– make changes to the product as requested by you or notified by us to you (see clause 6).
Your rights if we suspend the supply of products. We will contact you in advance to tell you we will be suspending supply of the product. You may contact us to end the contract for a product if we suspend it, or tell you we are going to suspend it, in each case for a period of more than one month and we will refund any sums you have paid in advance for the product in respect of the period after you end the contract.
We may also suspend supply of the products if you do not pay. If you do not pay us for the products when you are supposed to (see clause 12.411.4) we will attempt to take payment from the credit or debit card or (if applicable) PayPal or ApplePay, details provided to us at the time of you placing your order three (3) times. If payment cannot be taken within this period, we may suspend supply of the products until you have paid us the outstanding amounts. We will contact you to tell you we are suspending supply of the products. We will not charge you for the products during the period for which they are suspended.
8. Your rights to end the contract
You may be able to end your contract with us. Your rights when you end the contract will depend on what you have bought, whether there is anything wrong with it, how we are performing and when you decide to end the contract:
If what you have bought is faulty or misdescribed you may have a legal right to end the contract (or to get the product replaced or to get some or all of your money back), see clause 11;
If you want to end the contract because of something we have done or have told you we are going to do, see clause 8.2;
If you have just changed your mind about the product, see clause 8.3. You may be able to get a refund if you are within the cooling-off period, but this may be subject to deductions and you will have to pay the costs of returning of any goods;
In all other cases (if we are not at fault and there is no right to change your mind), see clause 8.6.
Ending the contract because of something we have done or are going to do. If you are ending a contract for a reason set out at (a) to (e) below the contract will end immediately and we will refund you, on a pro-rata basis, for any products which have not been provided and you may also be entitled to compensation. The reasons are:
– we have told you about an upcoming change to the product or these terms which you do not agree to (see clause 7.2);
– we have told you about an error in the price or description of the product you have ordered and you do not wish to proceed;
– there is a risk that supply of the products may be significantly delayed because of events outside our control
– we have suspended supply of the products for technical reasons, or notify you we are going to suspend them for technical reasons, in each case for a period of more than one month; or
– you have a legal right to end the contract because of something we have done wrong (including because we have delivered late (see clause 7.8).
Exercising your right to change your mind (Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013). For most products bought online you have a legal right to change your mind within 14 days and receive a refund. These rights, under the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013, are explained in more detail in these terms.
When you don’t have the right to change your mind. You do not have a right to change your mind in respect of:
– products sealed for health protection or hygiene purposes, once these have been unsealed after you receive them;
How long do I have to change my mind? How long you have depends on what you have ordered and how it is delivered.
If you have bought goods: you have 14 days after the day you (or someone you nominate) receives the first delivery of goods, unless:
Your goods are split into several deliveries over different days. In this case you have until 14 days after the day you (or someone you nominate) receives the last delivery to change your mind about the goods.
Your goods are for regular delivery over a set period (our subscription box). In this case you have until 14 days after the day you (or someone you nominate) receives the first delivery of the goods.
Ending the subscription contract where we are not at fault and there is no right to change your mind. Even if we are not at fault and you do not have a right to change your mind (see clause 8.1), you can still end the contract before it is completed. A contract for goods is completed when the product is delivered and paid for. If you want to end the contract in these circumstances, just contact us to let us know via the website. However, please note that in these circumstances the contract can only be cancelled (without prejudice to your statutory rights):
– up to 10 working days before the next payment is taken (on the 2nd of each month) in respect of a “standard” rolling subscription (as further described at clause 3.3(a)); and
– up to the day before full payment is taken in respect of a “quarterly” or “half-year” subscription as further described in clauses 3.3(b) and 3.(c) respectively.
For the avoidance of doubt, other than in respect of any material breach by us in connection with the services, you will not be entitled to any pro-rata or part refund in respect of any “quarterly” or “half-year” subscription.
9. How to end the contract with us (including if you have changed your mind)
Tell us you want to end the contract. To end the contract with us, please let us know by doing one of the following:
Website. Log in to your account on our website and you may suspend or cancel your subscription.
Email. Email customer services at email@example.com. Please provide your name, home address, details of the order and, where available, your phone number and email address.
Returning products after ending the contract.
Non Food (non-perishable) Goods: If you end the contract for any reason (without allowing ten working day for the cancellation to take effect) and after products have been dispatched to you or you have received the goods, we will not issue a refund.
Food (Perishable) Goods: Food items are excluded from your statutory right to return goods.
When we will pay the costs of return. We will pay the costs of return:
– if the products are faulty or misdescribed;
– if you are ending the contract because we have told you of an upcoming change to the product or these terms, an error in pricing or description, a delay in delivery due to events outside our control or because you have a legal right to do so; or
In all other circumstances you must pay the costs of return, such as where you have simply changed your mind in accordance with paragraph 8.3, you must pay the cost of returns.
How we will refund you. We will refund you the price you paid for the product by the method you used for payment. However, we may make deductions from the price, as described below.
Deductions from refunds if you are exercising your right to change your mind. If you are exercising your right to change your mind:
– We may reduce your refund of the price (excluding delivery costs) to reflect any reduction in the value of the goods, if this has been caused by your handling them in a way which would not be permitted in a shop. If we refund you the price paid before we are able to inspect the goods and later discover you have handled them in an unacceptable way, you must pay us an appropriate amount.
– The maximum refund for delivery costs will be the costs of delivery by the least expensive delivery method we offer. For example, if we offer delivery of a product within 3-5 days at one cost but you choose to have the product delivered within 24 hours at a higher cost, then we will only refund what you would have paid for the cheaper delivery option.
When your refund will be made. We will make any refunds due to you as soon as possible. If you are exercising your right to change your mind then:
– If the products are goods, your refund will be made within 14 days from the day on which we receive the product back from you or, if earlier, the day on which you provide us with evidence that you have sent the product back to us.
– In all other cases, your refund will be made within 14 days of your telling us you have changed your mind
Our rights to end the contract
We may end the contract if you break it. We may end the contract for a product at any time by writing to you if:
– you do not make any payment to us when it is due and you still do not make payment within 7 days of us reminding you that payment is due;
– you do not, within a reasonable time of us asking for it, provide us with information that is necessary for us to provide the products to you;
– you do not, within a reasonable time, allow us to deliver the products to you.
You must compensate us if you break the contract. If we end the contract in the situations set out in clause 10.1 we will refund any money you have paid in advance for products we have not provided but we may deduct or charge you reasonable compensation for the net costs we will incur as a result of your breaking the contract, as compensation for the net costs we will incur as a result of your breaking the contract.
We may withdraw the products. We may write to you to let you know that we are going to stop providing a particular product. We will attempt to let you know at least one week in advance of our stopping the supply of such a product.
10. If there is a problem with the product
How to tell us about problems. If you have any questions or complaints about the product, please contact us. You can telephone our customer service team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Summary of your legal rights. We are under a legal duty to supply products that are in conformity with this contract.
Your obligation to return rejected products. If you wish to exercise your legal rights to reject products due to them being faulty or misdescribed you must post them back to us. We will pay the costs of postage where products are faulty or misdescribed. Please email customer services at email@example.com.
Price and payment
Where to find the price for the product. The price of the product (which includes VAT) will be the price indicated on the order pages when you placed your order. We use our best efforts to ensure that the price of the product advised to you is correct. However please see clause 12.3 for what happens if we discover an error in the price of the product you order.
We will pass on changes in the rate of VAT. If the rate of VAT changes between your order date and the date we supply the product, we will adjust the rate of VAT that you pay, unless you have already paid for the product in full before the change in the rate of VAT takes effect.
What happens if we got the price wrong? It is always possible that, despite our best efforts, some of the products we sell may be incorrectly priced. We will normally check prices before accepting your order so that, where the product’s correct price at your order date is less than our stated price at your order date, we will charge the lower amount. If the product’s correct price at your order date is higher than the price stated to you, we will contact you for your instructions before we accept your order. If we accept and process your order where a pricing error is obvious and unmistakeable and could reasonably have been recognised by you as a mispricing, we may end the contract, refund you any sums you have paid and require the return of any goods provided to you.When you must pay and how you must pay. We accept payment with [LIST THE CREDIT AND DEBIT CARDS], through PayPal or ApplePay. When you must pay depends on what products you are buying:
For individual goods, you must pay for the products before we dispatch them. We will not charge your credit or debit card, or PayPal or ApplePay account, until we dispatch the products to you.
For the monthly automatic renewal subscription service, we will take the relevant payment (as further described in clause 3.3) seven (7) days before the date of delivery chosen by you in respect of the service.
You must update us with any changes to your payment details, within three working days of changing the details. You can make changes to your payment details by updating them via our website in “My Account”.
If a payment has been rejected by your bank, we may suspend your orders via our Website. You must contact us to arrange payment and wait for that payment to go through before you can make changes to your order through the Website again.
We reserve the right to suspend deliveries to you and/or terminate our agreement with you if we are refused authority from your card issuer for payment or we reasonably believe that payment will be refused. You agree to compensate us in full against any and all reasonable costs and expenses (including reasonable legal) costs and expenses that we may incur in obtaining payments due from you that you have not made in accordance with your agreement with us as set out in these Terms and Conditions.
You must pay for the products before we dispatch them. We will take payment for the products you have ordered at the time of your order being placed. In respect of the subscription services, we will forward the subscription product after the effective billing date.
12. Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
12.1 We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; for breach of your legal rights in relation to the products as summarised at clause 11.2 and for defective products under the Consumer Protection Act 1987
12.2 We are not liable for business losses. We only supply the products for domestic and private use. If you use the products for any commercial, business or re-sale purpose we will have no liability to you for any costs, expenses, damages and losses (including but not limited to any direct, indirect or consequential losses, loss of profit, loss of reputation, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity and all interest, penalties and legal costs (calculated on a full indemnity basis) and all other professional costs and expenses) suffered or incurred by you. Nothing in this clause shall restrict or limit your general obligation at law to mitigate a loss you may suffer or incur as a result of an event that may give rise to a claim under this indemnity.
13. How we may use your personal information
13.1 How we will use your personal information. We will use the personal information you provide to us:
– to supply the products to you;
– to process your payment for the products; and
– if you agreed to this during the order process, to give you information about similar products that we provide, but you may stop receiving this at any time by contacting us.
– We will only give your personal information to third parties where the law either requires or allows us to do so.
14. Other important terms
We may transfer this agreement to someone else. We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another organisation. We will contact you to let you know if we plan to do this. If you are unhappy with the transfer you may contact us to end the contract within one month of us telling you about it and we will refund you any payments you have made in advance for products not provided.
You need our consent to transfer your rights to someone else (except that you can always transfer our guarantee). You may only transfer your rights or your obligations under these terms to another person if we agree to this in writing.
Nobody else has any rights under this contract (except someone you pass your guarantee on to). This contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms, except as explained in clause 15.2 in respect of our guarantee. Neither of us will need to get the agreement of any other person in order to end the contract or make any changes to these terms.
If a court finds part of this contract illegal, the rest will continue in force. Each of the paragraphs of these terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
Even if we delay in enforcing this contract, we can still enforce it later. If we do not insist immediately that you do anything you are required to do under these terms, or if we delay in taking steps against you in respect of your breaking this contract, that will not mean that you do not have to do those things and it will not prevent us taking steps against you at a later date. For example, if you miss a payment and we do not chase you but we continue to provide the products, we can still require you to make the payment at a later date.
Which laws apply to this contract and where you may bring legal proceedings. This agreement shall be construed and interpreted under the laws of England and Wales. If you reside in a member state of the European Community the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales in the event of any dispute. In all other cases the parties agree that disputes shall be referred to arbitration under the rules of UNCITRAL. The arbitration shall take place in London with one arbitrator sitting whose decision shall be final and binding.
BETTY WEBSITE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SITE
Terms of website use
Other applicable terms
– Our Acceptable Use Policy www.betty.me/acceptableuse, which sets out the permitted uses and prohibited uses of our site. When using our site, you must comply with this Acceptable Use Policy.
If you purchase goods from our site, our Terms and conditions of supply (https://www.betty.me/terms-and-conditions/) will apply to the sales.
Information about us
www.betty.me is a site operated by IARTUK Limited. (“We”). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 08560749 and have our registered office at Unit 8, Trackside Business Park, Abbot Close, Byfleet, KT14 7JN. Our main trading address isUnit 8, Trackside Business Park, Abbot Close, Byfleet, KT14 7JN. Our VAT number is 310428840.
Changes to these terms
Please check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we made, as they are binding on you.
Changes to our site
We may update our site from time to time, and may change the content at any time. However, please note that any of the content on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update it.
We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will be free from errors or omissions.
Accessing our site
Our site is made available free of charge.
We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of our site without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our site.
Our site is directed to people residing in the United Kingdom and the United States of America. We do not represent that content available on or through our site is appropriate or available in other locations. We may limit the availability of our site or any service or product described on our site to any person or geographic area at any time. If you choose to access our site from outside the United Kingdom or the United States of America you do so at your own risk.
Your account and password
If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
HOW YOU MAY USE MATERIAL ON OUR SITE
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our site.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the content on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
DO NOT RELY ON INFORMATION ON THIS SITE
The content on our site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up-to-date.
LIMITATION OF OUR LIABILITY
To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to our site or any content on it, whether express or implied.
We will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
– use of, or inability to use, our site; or
– use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site.
If you are a business user, please note that in particular, we will not be liable for:
– loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
– business interruption;
– loss of anticipated savings;
– loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
– any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
If you are a consumer user, please note that we only provide our site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
We assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked on our site. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Different limitations and exclusions of liability will apply to liability arising as a result of the supply of any goods by use to you, which will be set out in our Terms and conditions of supply (https://www.betty.me/terms-and-conditions/).
Uploading content to our site
Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload content to our site, or to make contact with other users of our site, you must comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy (www.betty.me/acceptableuse).
You warrant that any such contribution does comply with those standards, and you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. If you are a consumer user, this means you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your breach of warranty.
Any content you upload to our site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. You retain all of your ownership rights in your content, but you are required to grant us and other users of the Site a limited licence to use, store and copy that content and to distribute and make it available to third parties. The rights you license to us are described in the next paragraph (Rights you licence).
We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any content posted by you or any other user of our site.
We have the right to remove any posting you make on our site if, in our opinion, your post does not comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy (https://www.betty.me/terms-and-conditions/).
The views expressed by other users on our site do not represent our views or values.
You are solely responsible for securing and backing up your content.
We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
Linking to our site
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link to our site in any website that is not owned by you.
Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
The website in which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy (https://www.betty.me/acceptableuse/).
If you wish to make any use of content on our site other than that set out above, please contact us via email at, email@example.com, or write to us at, Unit 8, Trackside Business Park, Abbot Close, Byfleet, KT14 7JN.
Third party links and resources in our site
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only.
We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
Which countries law apply to any disputes?
betty and bettybox are EU registered Trade Marks of IARTUK Limited.
1. The promoter is: IARTUK Limited (company no.08560749)], registered office at Unit 2, Oyster Park, Chertsey Road, Surrey, KT14 7AX.
2. The competition is open to residents of United Kingdom aged 18 years and over, unless you are employed by us, a close relative of one of our employees, anyone otherwise closely connected with us, a judge of the competition or if you are closely connected with anybody judging of the competition (a “Connected Person”).
3. Under 18’s may enter the competition with the consent of a parent or legal guardian who themselves is over the age of 18. We reserve the right to request reasonable evidence of such consent and may refuse entry, or select another winner, if such evidence is not provided on request. Under 18s must also be a resident of the UK and must not be a Connected Person (as defined in paragraph 2).
4. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
5. By entering this competition, you expressly agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
6. You may enter the competition through our Instagram page (@bettycollective). Full details of how to enter can also be seen at our Instagram page here.
7. One entry will only be submitted per person. If you submit multiple entries to the competition those additional entries will not be considered.
8. This competition opens for entries from October 29th 2018. Closing date for entry will be Wednesday 31st with the winner being announced on Thursday 1st November 2018. After this date, no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
9. We will not be liable or responsible to any extent for any loss resulting from entries being submitted but not received for whatever reason.
10. The rules of the competition and how to enter are as follows: follow @bettycollective and @candykittens, like the post and tag a friend on the post
11. We reserve the right to cancel, change or amend the competition or these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of our control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants by us as soon as reasonably possible.
12. We are not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
13. The winning prize in connection with this competition is as follows: a selection of Candy Kittens sweets.
14. The prize is as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prize is non-transferable and is subject to availability. We reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without notice.
15. There will be one winner, and the winner will be chosen at random by an independent adjudicator or panel of judges appointed by us.
16. We will endeavour to notify the winner of the competition by email and/or DM on Instagram on the day that the winner is drawn, although winners should allow up to 28 days to be notified of the outcome of the competition. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
17. We will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected / is delivered.
18. Our decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and we will not enter into any correspondence with entrants.
19. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes arising from, or connected with, these terms and conditions will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
20. By entering the competition you expressly consent to us using your name and image in publicity material, as well as your entry, if you are chosen as winner of the Prize. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent..
21. The winner’s name will be available 28 days after closing date by emailing the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
22. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter or any other Social Network. You are providing your information to Its A Monthly Thing and not to any other party.