You’re totally cool with having periods and don’t let them affect your day-to-day, but somehow – no matter how much you trust your tampons and pads – wearing white when it’s that time of the month turns you into a nervous wreck.
Sure, you want to be like the lady in the adverts who rollerblades in her white jeans while on her period with not a leak in sight, but you know you’re not that girl. Or are you? Here are all the self-doubting thoughts you have when you ‘dare’ to wear white on your period.
1. OK, I’m definitely not wearing white today
You’re in full flow, you’re cramping hard and the last thing you need is to be thinking about visible leaks.
2. But those new jeans in my wardrobe are so comfy and cute…
Surely your tampon won’t let you down… will it?
3. I am a strong, confident woman, capable of knowing when she needs to change her tampon
The jeans are going on and you are going to WORK THEM, girl.
4. I’m just gonna go to the bathroom one last time before I leave the house
Yes, you’ve already changed your tampon twice in an hour, but you can never be too careful.
5. OMG, what if I stand up to get off the bus and there’s a puddle of blood?!
You’ll be a laughing stock and probably owe the bus company more than a year’s pocket money to clean their seat.
6. Why do all these shops not have customer bathrooms?!
You’re 100% gonna leak before you can find a loo. STRESSFUL.
7. Maybe I should just buy another outfit and change into it
You already owe your sister a three-figure sum this month, but surely she’ll understand, because PERIODS.
8. Nothing looks good. NOTHING.
The world is so cruel. Why do you even get periods again?
9. I should probably change my tampon again
Which means you’re going to have to go to a restaurant to find a toilet, which means you might as well eat while you’re there… McDonald’s counts as a restaurant, right?
10. I MADE IT!
You’re home, the red sea has not formed in your underwear, and even your cramps have subsided. Maybe you’ll wear white again tomorrow; it’s not so bad, after all.
It’s time you started celebrating your period, guys. Sign up to bettybox RN and get all your tampons and pads, beauty products, sweet treats and loads more cool stuff delivered to your door, every single month. We know. It’s totally awesome.
Image: Katie Edmunds