1. You promise to message and meet up all the time.
2. You judge each other’s uniform.
3. They quickly find new friends and you get protective. How dare they.
4. You stalk everyone involved in any second of your spare time.
5. You debate joining a sports team just so you can go to their school and fight the new friends.
6. Your best friend starts to change and you don’t like it. At all. You agreed Snapchat filters were overrated and now look! She’s wearing a flower crown!
7. The “Do you mind if so-and-so comes?” texts start to roll in and encroach on your BFF time.
8. Your parents start to ask why you haven’t mentioned your best friend in ages.
9. But then, suddenly, they turn up in your Facebook messages when something goes wrong. They need you and only you.
10. And you realise that no matter where you are, how you’ve changed, and what you’re doing, that’s just life and you’ll always be each other’s number one.
10a. (Fine, and the new friends are actually ok…)
It’s time you started celebrating your period, guys. Sign up to bettybox RN and get all your tampons and pads, beauty products, sweet treats and loads more cool stuff delivered to your door, every single month. We know. It’s totally awesome.