Ah, love. It’s a tricky bastard. Love means a million different things to a million different people, and sometimes it’s hard to tell if what you’re feeling is true love, intense like, a raging crush or just the first twinges of indigestion.
But sometimes, you just know. Shakespeare had his summer’s day, Jane Austen had her country dances… and we have the moment you decide to share your Netflix password. Here are some 2017 signs that you’re probably, definitely, in love.
1. You let them take the stamp for your coffee on their loyalty card.
2. You actually put your phone down when they talk to you.
3. You offer them the last slice of pizza.
4. …then they say, ‘No, you have it.’
5. You agree to see La La Land for a second time, even though musicals make you want to punch things.
6. Even Snapchat knows you’re together and puts two pink hearts next to their name.
7. You can share a tent at a festival in August for a whole four days and still be speaking to them at the end.
8. They let you practice everything you learned from Dr Pimple Popper on their chin.
9. You’ve felt a strange and overwhelming urge to give them your wifi code.
10. There are more strips of adorable photobooth pictures in your purse than actual cards or money.
11. Every meme they tag you in actually makes you laugh, not just like to be polite.
12. You have Instagram notifications turned on for them, even if they’re a six-nearly-identical-blurry-selfies-at-once person. Even then.
13. They are the very first person you WhatsApp “SNOW!!!!! ❄️☃️❄️☃️” to when it snows.
14. And sad faces to when it turns to rain three minutes later.
15. You know their exact Starbucks order, and recite it faithfully even when it’s embarrassingly long.
16. You look at them the way everyone looks at Beyoncé.