PSA: The Grammys are this Sunday and we CANNOT wait.
The Grammys always tend to attract some sort of scandal or controversy (T. Swift and Kayne; Beyonce’s first Beyby; Pharrell’s hat… fond memories, all). To every gossip columnist’s disappointment, Kim & Kayne have clicked ‘Not Attending’ this year – but don’t panic, because there’s still plenty of potential for drama at this year’s ceremony.
Here are the top 10 things we’re crossing our fingers and microwaving the popcorn for.
1. Lemonade wins the album of the year, Beyoncé launches an actual Lemonade brand off the back of it. $7 a bottle, it replaces Fiji water as the must-have schoolbag bottle totty.
2. And that she refer to her twins as ‘Beybies’. Do it for us, B.
3. Kim Kardashian is beamed onto the stage via hologram and announces that she’s pregnant. With triplets. Or Quadruplets.
4. Lady Gaga wears another kickin’ crop top during her performance and schools anyone who tries to comment on her body. Again.
I heard my body is a topic of conversation so I wanted to say, I'm proud of my body and you should be proud of yours too. No matter who you are or what you do. I could give you a million reasons why you don't need to cater to anyone or anything to succeed. Be you, and be relentlessly you. That's the stuff of champions. thank you so much everyone for supporting me. I love you guys. Xoxo, gaga
5. That everyone will cry at an incredibly moving tribute to Prince, and David Bowie. And George Michael. And Leonard Cohen. Man, 2016 was a rough year.
6. The Weeknd and Selena Gomez make their red carpet debut and do something stupidly adorable.
7. James Corden is hosting, and we know that man can sing. We can’t be the only ones hoping he gets involved with a musical number – ideally the rap from American Boy, a la Smithy, but we won’t be choosy.
8. Katy Perry is meant to be performing, and word on the street is that she’ll be singing a new track that’s meant to drop TODAY called Chained to the Rhythm. Brb, got to refresh YouTube for the millionth time today.
9. That Justin Bieber changes his mind at the last moment and decides to show up with his adorable dog, Todd. Preferably with both of them dressed in matching tuxedos please.
10. It’s not often that we’d bet against Adele, but we hope that Kelly Clarkson wins a Grammy for this live performance because it is bloody incredible. Physically impossible to watch without tearing up (or, you know, full blown, sobbing onto your keyboard). We’re not the only ones obsessed with this performance, it racked up nearly 25 million views on YouTube and 83 million views on Facebook. C’mon Kelster.
Check back in on Monday to see if any of our wishes come true! And wish extra hard for Todd the dog, guys.