It totally makes sense that you’d spend your life wishing you were a mermaid. They never have to wear uncomfortable skinny jeans, they never have periods (they’re missing a fairly important component), they have constantly perfect hair despite being underwater, and they don’t ever need to worry about shaving their legs. Sigh. It’s the dream.
But unless a mystical sea witch is on the horizon, waiting to steal your voice and change your fishy fate forever, then the chances are that you’re probably stuck on land and with legs for the foreseeable. Not to worry though, because mermaid is the ultimate trend this summer, and we’ve rounded up a whole load of mer-mazing accessories that will help make all of your underwater dreams come true.
You want thingamabobs? We’ve got 20!
1. Anything iridescent is essential to help channel your mermaid vibes
But especially when it’s a bag as dreamy and shiny as this one.
2. Go to your sea bed in these seriously awesome pyjamas
Snuggle down and get NetFish on… (sorry, that was really bad wasn’t it?)
3. A cute cap is always a good option
For those days when your hair isn’t quite up to Ariel levels of Disney princess hair.
4. We promise that no mermaids were harmed in the making of this tail scales makeup bag.
Sequins are probably a less fishy option, anyway.
5. Make a sea-inspired style statement
Go on, customising your denim with whozits and whatzits galore.
6. Don’t tell us you’ve left your purple shell bikini top and green fishtail at home?
Sigh, maybe opt for slogan swimwear instead.
7. Even mermaids need to stay hydrated y’know
But it’s a lot easier when you’re drinking from a sassy shell-shaped sipper.
8. Feet are kind of a luxury in the mer-world, so you should probably treat ‘em with respect
Treasure your tootsies by investing in some summery iridescent sliders.
9. It’s not always better down where it’s wetter…
But in this mac, rainy days on land could be almost as fun as a life in the ocean.
10. Rep your real identity all the way down to your undies.
How great are these mer-mazing pastel print knickers?
11. I washed up like this?
Maybe with a little bit of help from this set of mermaid makeup brushes, literally called The Glam Clam.
12. This sea-goddess scent is mer-mazing…
Just drop this glitter wax melt in the top of your oil burner to smell the juicy tropical scent.
13. Pugs with glittery fish tails? Count us in.
Thank you, The Internet. You always understand our needs.
14. Investing in fishy friendship bracelets is pretty much the best idea ever.
Don’t be shellfish.
15. If anyone’s ever told you that you drink tea like a fish, then it miiiight be because mermaids are your distant ancestors
16. Ariel was pretty desperate for some feet, so we’re guessing she would have lost it over these
Scaly never looked so pretty.
17. Looking for somewhere to stash your lobster tails, anemone crisps and totally fancy sushi?
Wait, do mermaids eat their fish friends? Can someone please check?
18. A mermaid just isn’t a true mermaid unless she’s covered in glitter
It’s kinda like fish scales, but way less hassle.
19. Perfect for heading off on your holidays, but watch out for sea witches who might wanna steal your voice.
It could get complicated.
20. And last but not least, have you ever wanted anything more than this giant inflatable clam?
It’s basically your destiny.