Sponsored by Candy Kittens
Taking inspo from the sour blueberry Candy Kittens sweets in this month’s bettybox, we bring you blueberry eton mess. It’s sweet, simple and only needs one bowl, so you won’t even have much to wash up (which is all we really care about when cooking, isn’t it?)
For two bowls full, you’ll need:
200ml double cream
6 ready-made meringue nests
A punnet of blueberries
1 and a half tablespoons of caster sugar
As many Candy Kitten sweets as your heart desires
1. Pop two handfuls of blueberries and 3 tablespoons of water in the microwave for 90 seconds, with half a tablespoon of sugar. This should make them soft and mushy, so get squishing with a fork. Be careful with the hot bowl!
2. Add the double cream and a tablespoon of caster sugar and whisk away. After some strong wrist action, the purple mixture will get thicker.
3. Get squishing again, but this time with your hands. Crush the meringue nests and add to the bowl. Mix in lightly with a spoon, but careful not to crumble the meringue into really small bits.
4. Sprinkle as many blueberries as you want on the top. Go cray.
5. Do the same with your Candy Kittens. All done. See, as easy as 1, 2, 3 (4, 5)!
You can pop it in the fridge for 30 mins to make it a bit more mousse-like if that’s your pudding thang, but you don’t have to; your call, my friend.
Image: Kerri Walter